Friday, February 11, 2011

Cuz Baby Tonight-Chapter 10



As soon as the song ended Rahul excused himself and went to search for Trisha
He found out standing in the corner .A glass of scotch in her and tears on her face,her eyes closed.His heart ached to see her like that.
He went up to her and quietly said-I am Sorry
She opened her eyes and said-For?
Rahul-You know for what Trisha.For hurting you always without meaning to
Trisha-Its not your fault.It’s mine I came over here even though I knew it would hurt me.(Taking short breaths) I thought that I could do it.(her voice breaking.Rahul moved forward and held her gently)I thought that I could really do it..see you with Anjali,see you getting married to her.(She let out a slow sob as she held Rahul tighter her hands clutching at his shirt,his hands automatically reaching to comfort her)I can’t Rahul I can’t watch my dreams fall anymore .I am tired…ti.red…of all thi..s pain you know?D..on’t get me wrong Rahul I am very happy for you .Happy that you have finally found the one you love,the one you want to be with it,your soulmate but I cant help be sad that I am not that girl.It hurts me that while you are my soulmate I cant be yours.It hurts that while I haven’t been able to move on and you have.It breaks my heart Rahul that we are not meant for each other.
Rahul could feel his own eyes getting wet.He held Trisha tighter.Her sobs were making her shiver.He had managed to do the impossible.He had managed to shatter Trisha’s hopes and dreams.The dreams and hopes she had lived on since she was 11.She had loved him unrequitedly and unconditionally since she knew what was love.
Rahul-Trisha never let go of your hopes;your dreams.
Trisha-My dream is now some one else’s dream.
Rahul-Some body’s dream shouldn’t let you go of your own dreams.
Trisha-I am sorry for spoiling your party.I was anyways just leaving.
Rahul-No.Don’t go..please
Trisha-Rahul,I hope you know that I didn’t come to this party to make you feel guilty.
Rahul-I know Trish.
Trisha smiled as after a year Rahul called her Trish
Rahul-Trish.Please stay
Trisha-No Rahul it’s best that I leave.So I guess it’s goodbye(a lump forming in her throat)
Rahul-No.No..No.Just because I am getting married that doesn’t mean that we cant be friends
Trisha-Friends?Rahul that’s the problem .I am not as great as everyone thinks I am .I cannot even stand seeing you two together how will I be able to see you both after you get married
Rahul(His heart breaking.He didn’t want her to go but he didn’t know how to stop her either.He loved her but he didn’t know how to tell her that without sounding like an absolute jerk.He wanted to be with her but he didn’t know how to do that without breaking Anjali’s heart)-I don’t want you to go Trish.
Trisha-Please Rahul don’t start this now.Please

Anjali wondered where Rahul was after the dance he had completely disappeared.She couldn’t help but feel worried and insecure.There was something in Rahul’s eye that disturbed her,troubled her but yet she didn’t know what that was or the reason behind it.

The gate opened and she saw some of Rahul’s friends from Australia entering the lounge.She suddenly felt very nervous she had never met them she had just seen their pictures on Facebook.She wished Rahul was there with her as she knew for that they didn’t know that Rahul was getting married to her.

One of Rahul friend’s-Where’s Rahul?
Kanika-Hey..i think he is over there in the corner
Another friend of Rahul’s-What’s he doing there?
Kanika-I think Trisha is there
Rahul’s friend-No wonder he is there(All of his friends start laughing)
Rahul’s friend-I wonder what the bride and groom are doing all alone 

No comments: